Wednesday 9 July 2014

life | a little life catch up..

I've had another blogging hiatus and it is nearing a month since I last posted on here, and trust me I've missed it - but for some reason June seemed to be the busiest month ever. So much has happened in the past month and yet it barely feels like June even happened!

First things first, in the middle of June I headed down to the outskirts of Birmingham for a week of work experience at a start-up company. It was a company that made recycled plastic scaffolding boards and even though it seemed to have nothing to do with journalism and what I want to do as a career, I learnt so much and was able to really get my head into PR and writing lots of articles and PR releases. Plus, the company liked what I did and they've recently asked me to do some freelance work for them which I am over the moon about and made me finally feel like a real adult!

Then, once I was home I was busy with RAF balls (you can see my lovely dress in a photo somewhere down below!) and some interviews for other work placements, as well as a quick day trip to the Lakes with my dad. The Lakes is one of my favourite places in the world - I love the countryside and all things green so I was in my element. We bought lots of homemade chocolate and then headed out for a lovely italian. 

Then, I headed to Newcastle with a lovely group of girlfriends to spend a couple of nights in a Yurt (super cool little hut/tent). It was so nice to get away from normal life for a few days and just be able to go on long walks around a huge National Trust park (would you believe I'm a 21 year old girl and not a middle-aged married lady with children!). Whilst I was there I also had my first ever experience of barbequeing which was a success - well no one has died yet anyway!

Whilst I was home I also got my University degree results - I somehow pulled a 2:1 out of nowhere and am genuinely so shocked that I got it - I never thought I'd even smell a 2:1 so I'm definitely a little proud of myself ;-) 

And finally, I'm now doing some work experience at a local radio station so haven't had any time at all to sit down and write something that I would be proud to publish on my blog. I decided to do a little catch up instead just so I'd remember everything I had done when I look back on this post in a month or year.

And of course, if all of that ^^ was too 'tl;dr', here's a little photo diary of some snippets of the last month of my life..













So there we go; life update and an apology to my forgotten blog - hopefully I won't have to leave it for so long again but at the moment I just can't make any promises! I love writing on my little blog so much though so hopefully it won't be too long until my next post.

Hope you're all having a lovely month yourselves!


No comments:

Post a Comment