|jumper - topshop | pinafore playsuit - topshop | necklace - primark|
decided to do an everyday make up post on what i wear day to day. i sometimes mix it up by changing the lip colour or adding some eyeshadow but the base and eyeliner never changes for me! here we go..
1) i begin by applying a light base of the nivea express hydration primer, which is amazing on my skin! it doesn't clog my pores, or make my skin feel greasy but just settles into the skin in a couple of seconds to smooth the skin and make any make up i apply last longer throughout the day.
2) i then take my maybelline dream fresh bb cream (if i need extra coverage - sometimes i skip this step) and apply a light layer all over my face using my fingers. i used to use a brush to do this but i couldn't be bothered having to constantly clean it and my fingers don't do a bad job anyway so why not! this bb cream is pretty good, its nothing to write home about and does it's job, but is not the favourite bb cream i have ever used. it's pretty sheer and can sometimes end up feeling cakey by the end of the day but i'm just trying to use it up before i open a new one!
3) next is concealer - collection lasting perfection concealer is a blogosphere must-have and i have fallen for the hype - it offers a heavy coverage which is great for those pesky under-eye bags! i've even heard a few people say that they think it is better than higher-end concealers like bobbi brown, so it must be pretty good. the only niggle i have is that mine is pretty orange in tone even though it is the second lightest colour - i might have to try out the other one instead as i HATE being orange!
4) i then grab my body shop loose mineral powder and dust a light layer over my face with a bare minerals flawless face brush. i also take a fluffy eyeshadow brush (mac 227) and take the powder up under my eyes to stop the concealer from moving and creasing during the day. i've used this power for years and love the buildable coverage you can get from it - when i'm on holiday i just dust this on and am done for the day so it's definitely my go-to product!
5) next, i sort my brows out. in the benefit primpcess kit there is a dark brown shade which i run through my brows with an angled brush. my eyebrows are pretty sparse towards the end so i sometimes put a little eyeshadow primer through them so the eyeshadow can cling better and last longer. i usually use the primer on nights out or when i want bolder brows.
6) i then do my eyes - i hate doing my eyes as it's so fiddly and i always do it wrong! i grab my barry m liquid eyeliner and draw a line along my top lashes. the thickness of this line depends on how badly my hand shakes - if i'm shaky it can become pretty thick! i always love when people flick their eyeliner out but after years of trying i have come to accept that i cannot do this at all! sob!
7) i then take the urban decay 24/7 kohl eyeliner and use this along my top water line to make sure there is no skin poking out between the liquid liner and kohl, as this always annoys me! this eyeliner is so amazing, when i take my make up off at night it always sticks on and is so long lasting and doesn't move around during the day. as you can see from the picture it's pretty darn used up and running out fast!
8) i then use my max factor clump defy mascara on my top lashes, using a couple of coats. this mascara isn't bad, i only got it because it was on offer and cheaper than my usual mascara. it does what it says on the tin - i have no clumps and it lengthens my lashes incredibly but offers no volume. i understand this as it doesn't promise to do it - but on nights out it means i use a volumizing mascara as well as this one. i can't complain about this mascara though, it is pretty good!
9) if i can be bothered i dust on some of the bare minerals all-over face colour which is in rose radiance, and is a shimmery pink blusher. i use it on the apples of my cheeks if i do use it which is not often. i can never be bothered to blush or bronze my face as i feel it is unnecessary in day-to-day life but have recently been wanting to use bronzer on nights out. i really want to start contouring as youtubers and bloggers alike always look much better put together when they do this extra step. i might have to invest in the sleek contour duo kit at some point in the near future!
10) finally, i do my lips. i usually just put a slick of lipbalm on if i have a busy day so i don't have to constantly worry about my lipstick and if its still in place etc. however, today i decided to put on the kate moss for rimmel matte lipstick in 107 which is a lovely berry shade. i just dotted it on for a slight hint of colour rather than going straight from the bullet and making the shade extremely dark, just so it was more wearable for during the day.
and that's my usual make up routine! sometimes i skip steps or add steps in but the layout above is my general routine.
hope you enjoyed reading and looking at my awfully large pictures of my surly face!