Tuesday 21 May 2013

the style post | day to night: black jeans, white shirt

so today i had a new idea for a post - how to change an outfit from day to night!
tonight i am going to the theatre (how posh) with some of my family to see calendar girls for my grandma's birthday! when i started getting dressed this morning i realised i need an outfit that can be worn during the day but will also look nice tonight. and that is how the idea was born! 
so the main parts of my outfit are staple pieces in my wardrobe that i always wear - a white shirt and black skinny jeans.

DAY

shirt - asos | joni jeans - topshop | boots - river island@asos | watch - swatch

so for daytime i wanted the look to be really relaxed and easy to wear. i slightly tucked in the shirt for a bit of structure and put my lovely chelsea boots on then added just my watch for a colour pop. my hair and make up was just natural and i thought it was such a wearable outfit.

NIGHT
necklace - primark | watch - river island mens | bag - wish
heels - love label@very.co.uk | lips: kate moss for rimmel - 107
blazer - new look

for night i really wanted to amp up the look. i decided to leave the shirt untucked in order for it to show out the bottom of this grey blazer. i bought this blazer a good few years ago and think the cut is so flattering on the waist. i added a chunky necklace and my pretty clutch then these AMAZING heels! how amazing are they?! because the outfit was pretty muted i put some lovely berry lipstick on and clipped my hair back. and hey presto there you go!


so now off i pop to go watch calendar girls - hopefully i don't see too much of all of the actresses!


No comments:

Post a Comment