Friday 12 September 2014

beauty | Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless mascara



I've said it before and I'll say it again, I can never find a holy grail for mascara. I try a new one out every couple of months and I've never found one I'm head over heels for.

On a recent trip to Asda, I saw they were doing all mascaras for £5, so decided to snap up this one from Rimmel. It promises a 'grow lash complex' and 'fibres mascara' - meaning that using it will make lashes grow and add fibres to the lashes to make them appear longer.


The brush is my favourite kind of brush - synthetic, the same size all along and straight. It makes applying mascara so much easier and I'm able to get every lash. I also like how the brush comes out with the right amount of product on it - there's nothing more annoying that mascara that covers the brush and ends up all over my face. I have barely any clear-up from this mascara which saves so much time every morning!

Now onto the formula.. I've been using this mascara for around two weeks now and can confirm it's made no difference at all to the length of my natural lashes - so the 'grow lash complex' is a bit of a fail for me. On the other hand, I can easily recognise the fibres within the mascara and how they coat my lashes to make them look longer. The mascara coats every lash and builds around them to add not only length, but a bit of volume too. 



It makes my lashes look separated and much longer than they naturally are - and so far I've found the mascara holds a curl pretty well. The only annoying thing about it is that it smudges easily - I've found myself with panda eyes every now and again if I've worn it for a considerable amount of time or have gotten a sweat on (LOVELY!). But I guess that's just my fault - I usually buy waterproof mascara but I don't think this mascara comes in waterproof which is a huge downside.



What do you think? Have you tried this mascara?


No comments:

Post a Comment